Electrical Asset Management is the process of managing the performance and longevity of your electrical distribution system in order to maximize safety, uptime, and equipment life in your distribution center. The goal is to keep your people safe and production lines operational. By monitoring your electrical system’s health, you can replace components before they fail so you can stay powered, productive, and profitable.
Distribution Centers face tremendous challenges with tracking and maintaining the various assets associated with your complex facility infrastructure. These massive buildings include numerous types of systems with unique maintenance schedules and protocols. Modern facilities have robust conveyance and automation systems that need constant attention while older facilities have aging systems that are always breaking down. Some have both! It is almost impossible for facility managers and maintenance engineers to keep the complicated production systems working and provide regular maintenance for the building’s electrical system. However, there is NO production if your electrical system fails.
Electrical Asset Management programs will help you stay operational by keeping your systems operating effectively and safely. Proven electrical asset management programs will include:
- Experienced Distribution Center and Warehouse Service Providers who know how to navigate your large facility, production schedules, and limited maintenance windows.
- Consistent, ongoing, network wide electrical maintenance services including:
- Arc Flash Analysis for safety
- Selective Coordination/Breaker Settings for uptime
- Infrared Scans for proper connections and thermal anomalies
- Cleaning and Inspecting gear and electrical equipment
- Exercising and Testing Breakers and Switches
- Generator and UPS maintenance and testing
- Medium Voltage maintenance and testing
- Detailed report for each maintenance program including scope, findings and photos
- All issues found during the scheduled maintenance programs shall be documented and promptly corrected
- Guaranteed 24x7x365 Emergency response from qualified electricians
- Electrical Safety Training including PPE (Personal Protective Equipment) and LOTO (Lock-out Tag-out)
- Leverage technology to monitor electrical system health using predictive analytics to detect and correct issues before failures occur
- Recommendations for system improvements and replacements to maximize safety and uptime based on system performance and service records
- Instant, accessible reports and data on your systems with easy to understand at-a-glance metrics keeping you in compliance with ongoing requirements
Electrical Power Systems in your warehouse are designed to provide safe, reliable power when properly maintained. However, years of around the clock use, environmental factors, and lack of maintenance will have an impact on the electrical equipment’s performance. Improper electrical maintenance can lead to costly, unexpected outages and risk of safety incidents.
Protect What Matters Most – People, Production, and Profit. Implementing an Electrical Asset Management program will increase your electrical system’s reliability and enhance personnel safety which both contribute to your company’s bottom line. Let ECS Technical Services help you develop your customized program that will add value to your organization. We take the time to understand every inch of your facility to proactively recommend an approach that mitigates equipment failure and unplanned downtime.
For over 90 years ECS Technical Services, a division of Parsons Electric, has been designing, building, and servicing distribution centers and warehouses, providing electrical, fire, and arc flash services to protect what matters most to you. We service over 150 million square feet of distribution center space across the nation each year providing preventative maintenance, compliance and peace of mind that your people, property, processes, production and profit are in good hands. Our job is your business.